These days when we all are locked up in the house, everyone craves for the yummy delicious food from the restaurants, sweets of the Halawai, tasty street food and what not. But as we know, no one has any idea when we will get to eat all these things again. In this situation the only way for yummy food is to make your kitchen your own restaurant.
Everyone at home is demanding different food as they are bored of having regular meals. So here I am sharing some easy recipes, which you can try yourself with regular ingredients.
- Wash and boil potatoes. Heat oil in a pan.Add jeera(Cumin seed) to oil and let it crackle. To the oil add some finely chopped green chilies and fry for a few seconds. Cut potatoes and add to the pan, mix it with jeera and chillies. Flavor it with salt, red chillies and coriander powder and mix nicely. You can also add a pinch of turmeric if you want. Let it cook for 5 minutes on slow flame. And your jeera aloo is ready to eat. You can have it with chapati or puri. Try this easy recipe and make everyone at home happy.
- Take 2 cup of wheat flour. Add in some salt(as per taste), ajwain(carom seeds), 2 teaspoons of oil and mix well. Divide the dough into 3 parts.
- In one part add the spinach puree((blended spinach leaves) and knead into a dough.In second part add beetroot juice (grate the beetroot, strain it and extract juice)knead into a dough.Keep the third part plain and knead into a dough.
- Knead plain wheat flour into a dough like you usually do for puris.Do same for both the other dough.Place all three rotis on top of each other – spinach at the bottom, plain in the middle, and beetroot on top.
- Roll all of them together to make a tight roll and cut it into pinwheel-like structures.Take a pinwheel and roll it out with a rolling pin and fry in hot oil. You can have it with jeera aloo.
- To make this super easy recipe, In a pan, heat the oil and add in mustard seed. Add sliced onions,green chillies and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, mix well and add chopped tomatoes. Saute it for 4-5 minutes. Mix cubed bread into it. Add garam masala, a few drops of lemon juice and mix lightly(don’t break the bread). Sprinkle some fresh coriander and it’s ready to serve.
2 minutes Mug Dhokla
- Take 1 cup besan. Add chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, Hing (asafoetida), 2 spoon sugar, 4 tbsp oil, ½ cup water, salt(as per taste) and ½ teaspoon baking soda. Mix well. Pour the mixture into broad cups. Microwave on high for three and a half minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds and curry leaves, and fry, add two teaspoons of sugar, and half a teaspoon of chilli powder. Add half a cup of water and cook. Pour the spiced oil from the pan on top of the dhokla and garnish with coriander.
Instant Bread Rabdi
- Take 2-3 crust less bread slices and grind it. In a nonstick pan, bring 3 cup full fat milk to boil. Add fresh bread crumbs, 1 tbsp sugar, ½ cup condensed milk. Mix well and cook it for 8-10 minutes. Stir it continuously. Switch off the stove and allow it to cool down completely. You can add cardamom powder, chopped dry fruits to it. Serve the instant chilled rabdi and enjoy it after meals.
Also read : Super Immunity Boosters For Your Daily Diet